Monday, January 16, 2017

Remembering Ardella Jean Mesch Linsey

Ardella Jean "Jean" Mesch was born 02 Mar 1943 to Joseph R. Mesch and Wilma Irene Helmrich. She married Roger Linsey 18 Mar 1962 in Waterloo, Black Hawk County, Iowa. She attended West High in Waterloo.

Jean was faced with some challenges in life, including the successful removal of a benign tumor on her spine that left her partially paralyzed in the last years of her life. She faced it all with humor and grace. Her entire life revolved around not only the children and grandchildren, but the many nieces and nephews who also loved her.

Jean loved Christmas and Christmas was quite the event each year. The thing I remember best is that she never missed sending out holiday cards. I got one every year no matter if I was living in Europe or the States and hers would always be first to hit my mailbox.

She hosted my sister and I many, many times over the course of our childhood and made us feel special. This also meant we got great quality time with our cousins going to the park or out to the woods to cause a little mischief.

Today, I'm remembering my Aunt Jean, who no matter what was going on around her, always came up with a kind word or a smile for everyone and usually a big hug. She died with her children by her side on 16 Jan 2012 at Allen Hospital in Waterloo.


No comments:

Post a Comment